Ikea bookcase makeover

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hello, y'all! How I missed being a DIY mama! I've been swamped since school started for my eldest son. Oh boy! Going back to school is never easy, so I had to take a break from my little projects, but finally, I had the time to share my Ikea bookcase makeover! So here it is.


Here is the B E F O R E + A F T E R :


 I have had this Ikea bookcase for almost 5 years now. It used to be my TV stand. Oh well! Goodbye, dark brown bookcase! Time for a splash of paint!


What I did was after I sanded the Ikea bookcase, I primed it with Zinsser's Primer for all surfaces.


I did it with 2 coats of primer, but as you can see in the picture below, dark stains are still showing
but I left it like that because I still have to paint this Ikea bookcase with glossy white paint anyways. 


After I primed it, I spray painted it with Rust-oleum (Gloss) apple red.



After the red sprayed paint, I painted the Ikea bookcase with a glossy white paint that I still have. (It was the leftover from my other paint projects.)


Then I finished it with Minwax Polycrylic for a protective finish, and that's it! Waiting time is the only thing that makes this painting project challenging. So, if you don't like to wait, this project will definitely test your patience! haha


I've chosen red paint because the basket I have for this Ikea bookcase is red and will probably add contrast to the room. Hmm? 

And here it is, up into my boys' bedroom.


This is how I organized the books :)


Here is what it looks like without the Ikea bookcase, the world clocks, and my DIY Cornice.

B E F O R E :


A F T E R :
   

What do you think of the Ikea bookcase makeover? Can't wait to finish this room and share it with you guys. Anyways, thanks for reading once again! Hope y'all have a good day!

Happy Trick or Treating, Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top