DIY Sectional Sofa Cover

Thursday, December 25, 2014
Hello! I am back with my last project for this year, 2014! Even with our busy schedules, Christmas gifts shopping, Tree/Home decorating, Classes, and other errands. I did squeeze this project just in time for Christmas! Yay!


As I said in my other post, we are still deciding whether to buy a new sofa set. I'm keeping this one until we are prepared, but I'm tired of the brown sectional. I wanted to change it without buying a new one, and then I came across all these DIY sofa slipcovers on Pinterest. (pfff! And there is a light bulb over my head! lol) I read tutorials online and then apply the best way for me or what works for me better! haha



I bought 3 of these canvas drop cloths at Lowes. I bleached the drop cloth in our tub, soaked them overnight, and the following day I washed & dried it in the machine. I didn't bleach them again because I was tired of waiting! (In the tutorial I've read, she did it 3 times to achieve a whiter color)  After it dried, I ironed it. I could improve at sewing! So I'm like, how am I gonna do this?. I kept trying to sew the drop cloth together, but my portable sewing machine won't cooperate!
So I ended up stapling the drop cloth to the sectional. (I did try to take out the staple to see if it ruined the fabric, and to my surprise, it didn't!)

Here's the B E F O R E + A F T E R:

My DIY Sectional sofa cover, but more like Re-upholstered Sectional! Haha. Oh, boy, was it hard work! I stopped doing it because I thought, why continue if I'm not going to like it after I'm done with it, but I think it turned out good. It could be better, but I liked it.



And Yay, I'm done for this year! It's been a great year! Hoping for a blessed 2015! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! Thanks for reading! Remember who is the valid reason for this season!

1 comment:

  1. You dud a really terrific job, it looks professional. I have a leather 4 pc sectional that my cat has ruined. I don't sew either and I don't think that I should staple the fabric to my sofa. Do you have any ideas that would not further damage the leather upholstery?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top