DIY Striped wall

Friday, August 21, 2015

DIYed Striped wall for my Boy's bedroom. I gave the bedroom blank wall some personality by adding a Striped Wall! I've always wanted to do a Striped wall, I can't just decide what room. I'm drooling over the painted striped wall on Pinterest! Finally, I did it. Which I should've done a long time ago! (My procrastination at its best!) It's been 2 1/2 years since we moved and I haven't touched a thing on this bedroom!


B E F O R E :

There are a lot of tutorials on Pinterest on how to do this. So, I'm not going to give you another one. 
Besides, I did mine the wrong way! (smh) but at least, I still got the same result! (Kudos to me?! haha) I should've read a tutorial first! (haha)

(It looks Black in the picture, but it's actually a deep blue color)



These are the paint samples that I've used Hale navy (I colored to match it for Behr), Very Navy by Behr, and Restless sea by Behr.


 I ended up with Very Navy because Paint #1 is too dark and the other is actually greenish rather than blueish. I actually had a second thoughts about the paint color that I chose, but I'm glad I stick by my decision to go with Color #2.


After I've done with my wall preparation; measured & taped the wall. I painted it. Usually, it starts with base coating, measuring, taping, and then painting the primary color. ( I've done the exact opposite! It's a long story) The technique in doing this striped wall is to remember to measure and tape very carefully.



Now, I always recommend using Frog Tape when doing a painting project like this! See the difference between the two? I've learned that when I did my Herringbone wall, I didn't have clean edges after using the Blue Tape. I wanted to try the Frog tape, so bad after that and yes I am never going back to the Painters aka Blue tape. 


Without further ado, Here is my finished Striped wall: 

A F T E R :





I bought the World Map at Ikea for $129 when it was on sale! It is usually priced at $149. I will soon post about the old Hamper that I updated (the red striped hamper) and the Ikea bookcase makeover as well. (white & red bookcase)



Finally! I've got the time and energy to face my Boy's bedroom (yes, they still sleep on the same bed with us!) and I think I have separation anxiety, now that they are sleeping in their own room. (lol)

And that's that! my first move to the boy's bedroom. I still have a lot of To-Do's in this bedroom, so please, don't forget to come back for more :) and I'm guessing, you know what my next project will be going to be! I wanted to DIY a cornice instead of curtains and I'm actually having a hard time choosing a good fabric to go with my blue-striped wall. Should I go with solid or patterned fabric? Please let me know! Below is the comments section. Thank You.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top