Ohh la la Black Banisters

Thursday, April 23, 2015



Oooh, how I love what you can do with paints! One of the best inventions ever?! right? I'm super duper excited to share with you guys what we've done this April for our monthly makeover! :)

What I have here is the boldest decision I've ever made! --according to my husband!! lol 
I doubted my designing/DIY skills while doing this project. haha 

Just look at these few black stairs where I got my inspiration from (there are tons of them): 

    
                                                (Click the pics for their terrific blogs!)


Aren't they super gorgeous? Omg but the thing is. I'm not sure if I'm really gonna like it.. if I did it to my banisters too .. but I did it anyways..haha And Yes!! Thank God!! We end up liking it :) 
We liked it so much that we will do our steps and remove the carpets; it might not be in black paint but in dark stains, and we don't mind if the floors don't match our steps. 

So Here's How:

I prep it by putting all the blue tape around and everything I don't want my black paint to touch. 


I lightly sanded the banisters and then started painting the railings. I used Beluga by Behr Ultra in Glossy Paint. 

I only used the primer at the bottom because I wanted to see what it looks like if it's white on the bottom, but it's a Nay! So, we decided to paint it black as well. And here is another view:


Here is what it looks like from the Second floor:


I know; I have to add some more drama to those walls! Hanging decor, perhaps? Hmm.


We are planning to remove our carpets in the future, If our budget allows us..lol we are going for dark hardwood floors upstairs. And here is the view from going down the mudroom (We actually removed the carpet from the stairs and in the mudroom from our previous projects):


Let's take another look at our Before & After:



It's definitely a YAY for us!! We love how elegant it looks! We are in love! We can't wait to remove and stain those steps!! I am definitely going to update you on this one! Thank you so much for reading!

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top