DIY Nautical Mirror

Saturday, November 1, 2014

was looking to buy a mirror for our powder room when I thought I could do something about this plain old' mirror! So I searched online for some inspiration like this and this. 

And I came up with this:

A F T E R :


(Sorry for the pic, the light was too bright)
B E F O R E :


Then I decided I was going for a" beach theme" in the powder room since I did this rope & starfish, and shell stuff..lol.

So here's how I did it:


I took down the mirror and started working on it! I bought 25ft of rope at Home Depot for $16 and seashells on a bag for $7.99 at Michaels. I already have the glue gun. So it's $23.99 for this project! Pretty affordable. hehe



But skip the glue gun thing; it didn't hold my rope!! And I'm very disappointed, but for the shells & starfish, I still used the glue gun. I thought I was going crazy trying to stick this thing to the mirror.. then the hubby suggested I use silicon, so we tried, and yeah, it worked!


I'm finishing up my powder room and will soon post it! But here is what I've done so far :)
I painted the walls & ceiling light blu-ish green. I also DIY a ladder that I got from the garbage. I will keep you posted! 

Thanks for reading! Til' next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top