Wall Trim to our Dining Room

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hi there! I can't believe the first day of spring, and it snowed! I am so tired of the cold weather and can't wait for summer to arrive! (winter blues) Well, while waiting for the warm weather, I am getting ready for spring cleaning!! Oh yeah! Time to have a general cleaning! I know! It is a lot of cleaning!! I have a lot of stuff to sell online, or I can give it away to my friends & family. If they want it! Lol, and, of course, I am back with another DIY project and hopefully more to come! (I already got a tight schedule for summer! hehe)

And as to our DIY,  it is really an easy project. We wanted to add something on the wall to give it more appeal, and one that we can think of is adding a chair rail on our dining room walls. 

Here is our dining room when we first moved in:



The view from the Living room:


I choose between four paint colors in Greige Shades. Edgecomb gray (Benjamin Moore) on the top left; the top right is a Color match of Edgecomb gray, but it's a Behr; Bottom Left is Revere Pewter (Benjamin Moore); the bottom right is Gray Owl (Benjamin Moore). I painted the walls with Gray owl by Benjamin Moore. I like the classic look of it without being too dark grayish.


Then we finally bought our dining table from Ashley's Furniture store, added the cabinet that I painted here, and put up a mirror I got from Homegoods. 

Here it is with painted walls and with chair rails. We didn't really like it with paint all the way down. 

So I painted it with white glossy paint (Polar Bear by Behr).


We will add some more details, like putting wainscoting, but we will probably do it by summer; for now, we are so happy with our improvement!



Here is our updated dining room now: 


Can't wait to add crown molding, wainscoting, and a new light fixture. Well, more likely an additional upgrade. :) Then maybe a big paint canvas? What do you think?

Thanks for reading, and Happy Spring Break!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top