Repurpose a Ladder

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

When I saw the pic of a wooden ladder lying down in the dumpster area broadcasted to us via email by the Homeowner's association. (warning us that ordinary household items, e.g., TVs, computers, and furniture, may not be disposed of in the enclosures.) Some of our neighbors don't really care. They just throw it in there anyways. (smh) Indeed, I said to myself. Oh, I have to get that! I can add it to the powder room! 


Then I got a little problem, hubby is hesitant that I take it out from the dumpster area, but thanks to my sis-in-law. Moreover, we searched that dumpster til we found that ladder! Haha, like, literally, we looked at every garbage dumpster around our community!

And there she is!

B E F O R E :


A F T E R :

   
 
I cut the other part of the ladder using Dremel. I did sand and primed it and then painted it with nelson blue by Benjamin Moore from my collection of paint samples! (trying to re-use everything for a budget-friendly project) After I painted it, I put some coat of Polyeutherane and let it cure/dry for 24hrs, but I didn't really work on it after. It sat in my garage for a week or two! Hehe, I'm trying to finish another project of mine. I do other things sometimes, other than my current project, plus, of course, I have to take care of my boys. I'm a multi-tasker! I'm telling ya, but I'm trying to do things one at a time. 

B E F O R E :

I bought 3 metal baskets with a rope handle for $7.99. I thought it would match my mirror, but I didn't like how the inside looked. In addition, I bought a drop cloth at Walmart and made a basket liner out of it without sewing! (smiley face) I measured each side of the basket, cut it according to the measurements, and used a glue gun to stick the drop cloth together and glued it to the very top edge of the basket..of course, I didn't retake a picture (hitting' my head). So sorry.

A F T E R :

Here is the up-close picture:


Much better with the liner, right? It's super easy to do!


And I bought these cute little jars with wooden lids at Homegoods for $6 and the coral for $4 at Marshals. The shells are my left over from the mirror project. Hey, I might spend money on it since I didn't spend a dime on the ladder! Hehe.. the ladder that I saw at Homegoods is the price of $69, and the one at Ikea is $80 if I'm correct. So I said to myself, why not?! Haha, And if you are wondering about those things falling off, Don't worry! All are secured and will not go anywhere! Haha, I glued the jars and the coral, and as for the basket, I stapled them to the ladder for safety purposes. 
Thanks for reading! Til' my next project!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top