DIY Pumpkin Pot

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Finally, Fall is here! Brrrr.. but it's much colder this time compared to last year's autumn! Oh, the changing fall foliage never fails to surprise & delight me! And one more thing! It means Fall decorations are everywhere! Yay!!

My DIY pumpkin pot! It's a lot of work but fun! I wanted to make our front doorstep a little fall-inviting!

Here's how to do it:

You'll need a pumpkin & hardy mum! You can get different colors for mums. It's really up to you ;) You can choose any kind of flower you want, actually!


Just cut an opening, but you want to make sure you don't cut too low coz the pot is gonna show; what I did is I measured the height of the pot by 
putting it beside the pumpkin & then start cutting it out.


Here's the fun part! Haha, cleaning this pumpkin out! Use a spoon to clean the inside; sometimes, you must use your hands. Ignore the scoop for the rice; I changed it to a silver spoon, much easier than the rice thingy, and when it's all cleaned up .. ta-da!


Just put the mums! There you have it! And I'm still waiting for it to bloom :)


Here's where I put it for Fall decoration.


 When I looked this up on Pinterest for Inspiration, I found out that they use a faux pumpkin instead of a real one. I'm like, oh man!! I should have just done that! But when I went to Michael's, I saw how much the artificial pumpkin was, and I was like..whooaa! I don't feel bad about using a real one because the faux one is too expensive! $14 bucks vs. $4.88? Okay, I'm good with $4.88, lol, but I hope it'll last until thanksgiving at least..*fingers crossed*--

Thank you so much for your time! I hope you enjoy reading it! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top