Let's DIY a Corkboard!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

This is an easy project! You may want or try to make one for your home! I wanted a giant corkboard where I could display all my kids' arts & crafts and school materials  & hang in some important papers that need our attention or something. 


I bought a Cork Roll at Michael's .. like this: 


I bought 4 of those, then I got trims/molding at Home Depot,  so I can use it as a frame. 
I recommend you buy plywood for the base/ back of it (if you are doing this project) because when we did this, we decided to glue it on the wall! Yikes! I know. We are just so lazy at the moment! We don't want to run back to the store to get some plywood.. so that corkboard is going nowhere soon, or shall I say never?! So, hubby glued it to the wall with the tacky glue, then let it dry for the night.

So sorry. I didn't have any pictures of it while we were doing it. But the next day, I cut all the trims and nailed them at every end of the cork roll. Voila! You have it! I didn't paint; the other side was already green.

 Let's retake a look:



And then I put buntings to add some color!


Look closer:


Thanks for reading! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top